AML/CFT Foundation Course (Version 2023.07)
Last updated: 2023.07
Language: English narration and transcript
Who should take this course
- Covered Persons as specified in the Anti-Money Laundering Act and its amendments
- New Staff, Front-Line Staff, New Hires, Refresher, Transferees, Employee-wide training of the Covered Persons mentioned above
- Individuals, working professionals and business owners who are looking to understand AML/CFT policies
For a complete list of Covered Persons under the AMLA, click here.
What you will learn
- What is Money Laundering?
- Who are the Covered Persons?
- What are the duties and responsibilities of Covered Persons?
- What is Terrorist Financing?
- Why it is important to have anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing training.
- AML/CFT laws and policies
- Money Laundering Activities red flags
- The Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) and its authority
- Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Prevention Program (MTPP)
- ML/TF offenses, penalties, and sanctions
Duration: Approximately 3 hours total length
Requirements: There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course includes:
- Interactive e-learning modules
- Explainer videos
- Review quiz per module / Assessment per module
- One-year access
- Free content updates within the subscription period
- Certificate of completion
Course content: 4 Modules
- AML/CFT Key Concepts (30 minutes)
- AMLA 2018 IRR (Implementing Rules and Regulations) (40 minutes)
- AMLA: Updated AML Volume 1 (45 minutes)
- AMLA: Updated AML Volume 2 (80 minutes)
The AML/CFT Foundation Course presents a fundamental approach to the key concepts and information of the AMLA (including its related amendments and laws) that will enable any individual—particularly, AMLA-Covered Persons who are required by the AMLC to take this course—to protect themselves and their businesses from potential money laundering and terrorist financing crimes.
The course's objective is to provide essential knowledge to Covered Persons regarding the key components of the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA). Additionally, the course briefly covers certain aspects of the Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act (TFPSA), the Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA), and the amendments made to AMLA.
The first module of the course focuses on defining Money Laundering and identifying the duties and responsibilities of Covered Persons according to AMLA. It also covers the concept of Terrorist Financing and emphasizes the importance of continuous AML/CFT training. The course provides an overview of the laws and policies related to AML/CFT and introduces learners to the AMLC as the authority for submitting CTRs/STRs.
Another significant topic addressed in the course is the implementation of AML Know-Your-Customer (KYC) Procedures and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) to prevent illicit activities for both businesses and professionals.
And, finally, the course also tackles the crucial topic of ML/TF offenses and their corresponding penalties and sanctions.
Learners can complete this course in approximately three hours, including learning checks and the final exam, with no prerequisites required.
Enrolling in the course grants learners access to all modules for a full year, along with free content updates throughout the subscription period to reflect amendments to the law and issuances from the AMLC.
What to expect in the 2023 version:
- Improved playback speed feature - All learners now have the ability to adjust the viewing speed of the videos, which enhances learning by enabling learners to optimize their pace for a personalized experience.
- New topic overview slide - Every module is now organized with new topic overview slides, providing learners with a summary of the course content, helping them to get a better understanding of the topics covered.
- Additional FATF (Financial Action Task Force) content – This is the most up-to-date content providing learners with a deeper understanding of the FATF guidelines and how they relate to AML/CFT compliance.
- Deep dive definitions of terminologies – Learners are now provided with detailed explanations of key terms and concepts related to AML/CFT compliance to help them digest the contents of the modules faster and ensure retention.
Select the product that you require:
Choose this if you are an individual purchasing a course for yourself only. You will get the full AML course and all the modules. Upon successfully completing the course, you will gain your accredited certificate.₱1,500.00 for one year
If you are ordering on behalf of your organization and need to register multiple users into a course.
With the multi-user version, you are purchasing licenses for your team. When you log in, you will be able to manage the licenses yourself, registering users one by one, or by using a spreadsheet to upload the details for all the required accounts.
Your users will be notified automatically by email when you create their accounts, and will be able to log in and access the AML course with all of the modules.₱1500.00 per user per yearQuantity